Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Quick Warm Infinity Scarf from ONE skein of yarn!


Greetings artsy peeps! 

I was browsing through the yarn section of JoAnn store recently during a yarn sale and came across the Lion brand Homespun series 'thick and quick'. (My store did not have as much selection as the website) They looked really fluffy and the ones I used are rated super bulky. I decided to buy a skein whose color, Greystone - just really called out to me. Since most projects take a few skeins I bought three - which was way too many! 




I also recently began playing with the Crochet Dude giant crochet hook. I used the big one in the middle of the pack. I absolutely LOVE this hook! I would like to play with an even bigger one but have not yet found one to try. Maybe like an inch around could be awesome!





I began my adventure on the sofa before supper with a crackling fire and Christmas lights aglow. By the time I went to bed I had used the entire first skein and thus completed an entire infinity scarf! I was surprised because things always take longer then that! It came out nice and chunky and fluffy! I was so jazzed that I had to share it here.







Not only was I so jazzed I had to share - but I decided to use the afore mentioned giant hook to make another infinity scarf for myself this time in winter white. When I went back to the store I could not get the same yarn in the creamy color I was dreaming of so I decided to try another product that was in stock. The pearly creamy romantic white was just what I had in mind. It is called Cafe au Lait. The color is beautiful and the website does not do it justice. It even sounds yummy!

There is no pattern per se. I used a waffle stitch for the dark scarf and a single crochet for the pearly one. I just worked each until I got to the end of each skein. Simple is really the best in my book :) 


I am thrilled with how they each turned out and I love how they look on me. They are both warm and soft and washed well.I did have a few observations to share with you though. There is not quite as much in the Red Heart skein as there was in the Lionbrand skein so the darker scarf is a larger infinity loop. Also both got even more fuzzy after washing and drying gently. The white is slightly crunchy but not enough to be annoying while the dark completely lacks crunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment